Food rules are meant to be broken, which is why this year at IFT I have broken a few classic culinary rules in the name of creating some fabulous new and exciting dishes made with walnuts. Stop by IFT booth #7315 to try my new creations!
- Walnut Macarones. Manufactured by Jean-Yves Charon at Galaxy Desserts, so you know that they will be Oprah-worthy!
- Romesco Sauce. Walnuts replace the traditional almonds and hazelnuts, and this version has a hint of orange zest and sherry vinegar.
- Muhamarra Sauce. An exotic sauce made with walnuts, roasted red peppers, breadcrumbs and pomegranate molasses.
- Seasoned walnuts. Moroccan-inspired seasoned nuts with cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and spicy red pepper flakes.
- Fleur De Sal Chocolates. OK, I didn’t make these—Chuck did, from Charles Chocolates, best artisanal chocolate in The Bay!
Like everyone who manages a booth at IFT, it’s always difficult to determine how much product to make for three days at the show. I asked on the RCA listserv and got back a variety of responses, averaging from 400 to 800 samples a day. I probably made too much… It would be a shame to have to leave any of those decadent dishes behind, so I am looking forward to all of my RCA friends coming by to make sure that no Fleur De Sal is left behind!!!
Walnuts by day, but various parties by night: Stay tuned for my coverage of the best IFT cocktail hours, hospitality suites, dinner functions, press event and networking gatherings.
What booth are you manning this year? Post your booth # and food demo information in the comments section, and I promise, if you visit my booth, I will visit yours.