1. Become a member of the Research Chef Association which is;

the leading professional community for food research and development. Its members are the pioneers of the discipline of Culinology® — the blending of culinary arts and the science of food

Because of my educational background and work experiences, I qualified to take the test to become a Certified Culinary Scientist (CCS), which I did back in 2005.

2. Certification details are all on the Research Chef Association Website page on Certification. You can also become a Certified Research Chef.

If you have any questions about certification, I am not only certified, but I am also on the Certification Comission Board and am happy to answer any and all questions you might have (just don’t ask me whats on the exam!)